Wedding photo albums are real treasures that keep memories alive. When you have a carefully designed and organized album, you will love going over your big day and sharing your best moments with friends and family. You will enjoy the album every time you bring it out and a few assembling tips can help you create the perfect one to enjoy and share with loved ones.
1. Do pick favorite wedding photos. The fact is that not all photos taken on your big day will end up in your album. Choose the photos you feel you cannot do without and make them part of your valuable collection.
2. Do include captions for the photos. This is one of the easiest ways of giving a story using the photo album. However, captions can create visual clutter and you therefore want to lay out the photos appropriately so that you have enough space for a necessary caption without leaving your pages too crowded.
3. Do arrange the photos chronologically. An album that sort of tells the story from the bridal party getting ready to the ceremony and evening party is a great item indeed. You can choose just a few good photos from earlier in the day before then spreading your wedding photo shoot photos.
4. Do give enough breathing space. Even without captioning, you should ensure that your photos are spread in a professional manner. You should not have album pages that are overwhelming to the eyes because of too many photos however large the space it. The fewer your photos the bigger and clearer and enjoyable they will be.
5. Do mix colors and contrasts on album pages. Bright colored photos can be very enjoyable, but they work even better when you strike a balance between the colored photos and the black and white ones you might have. Digital developments make it possible to change colored photos to black and white. You can use this feature to create a beautiful contrast across the album. You can also combine the bright outdoor photos with darker indoor ones.
6. Do choose photos for the front and back album covers. They can be pictures of anything, including a colorful wedding bouquet or a lovely wedding dress. Some couples prefer a large photo of their wedding album front cover. You can be as creative as you wish when making your selection. For instance, you can put a photo of guests leaving or waving goodbye on the black cover.
7. Do choose an album that matches wedding size. Scaling your album to how big your wedding was is a good thing to do. Short intimate weddings do not have that many photos compared to extravagant ones. Try not to make the photos appear forced and avoid putting photos that are similar and have nothing much to tell about the wedding. Let the photos represent all big moments you had during the ceremony without necessarily repeating. Think quality rather than quantity when choosing what goes into the album.